So you’ve probably heard about the stimulus tax credit for first time home buyers, but you may qualify even if you’ve owned before.
- A first time home buyer is someone that has not owned a property as their principle residence in the last three years.
- In order to qualify you must make less than $95,000 singly or $170,000 as a couple.
- You must live in your new home for 3 years or more.
- The tax credit is actually 10% of the purchase price or $8000 dollars, whichever is less.
- You can not purchase a home from your or your spouses family.
- You can file for your tax credit now if you haven’t filed your 2008 taxes.
- The $8000 does not have to be repaid!
- You must close on the property before November 30th 2009. It may take 60 days to close making Sept 30th the last day to find a home.
Call or fill in some basic information below to start looking now!
In order to make home buying easier and have free representation, you should find a free buyer’s agent!
Call today in Stark and Summit counties to get started looking. Joey Marino ~ cell:330.412.2221 ~ email@example.com
Check out www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com for more details.
**I am not an accountant or tax professional. Please contact one concerning the details of this tax stimulus.